As a parent or student, you may want a clear explanation of the progress report if your school is using mastery-based grading.
The implementation of this system is explained in Mastery-Based Grading in School Loop. As for mastery progress reports, they could potentially have two formats depending on the school and if it's using letter grades or not.
Here is an example of what the resulting Mastery progress report will look like once the grades have been published for a student:
It could have an additional letter grade depending on whether or not the school has chosen to add it:
- Current Summary Grade: Based on published grades. This can be hidden by the school if they don't want to use letter grades.
- Last Published: Date and time when scores were last published.
- Assignment Category: Category for the assigned work or standard.
- Assignment Title: Title of the assigned work or standard.
- Score: Points earned on assigned work or standard.
- Notes/Comments: Displays the custom progress report message. It can be customized to show a rubric scale.
- Grade Legend: Displays custom codes for the teacher, for example, Abs for Absent