District Administrators may want to rename the school site when the official name of the school is changed.
- You need to be a District Administrator to request this change.
- School name can only be changed by School Loop Support agents who have access to School Loop Live.
There are three possible solutions:
Note: If your school is currently using a homepage that is managed outside of School Loop (has a non-SL URL), follow the steps in the article Changing the School Name with a non-School Loop Homepage.
- If you need to change the school name and URL of the site, you can submit a ticket to change the school name and add custom domains - the school site will be accessible from the old and new URLs. However, once users are logged in to the School Loop portal, the old URL will be reflected.
Make sure to provide:
- Current school name
- New school name
- New school acronym
- New URL
- If you need to change school name and have the new URL reflected at all times, you need to request a new school site and, once it is created, copy the required content from the old site to the new one (the required content needs to be moved manually):
- All users can download necessary files from lockers
- Teachers can download their Course Archives
Once the content is saved or copied, submit a request to deactivate your old school site.
- If you need to change only the school name, submit a request indicating the current name, the desired name, and the desired acronym for the school, and our agents will update it by following the steps below:
- Log in to School Loop Live.
- Search for the required school (Ctrl+F) and click on its name.
- From Toolbox, select Edit School Info.
- Enter the new name in the Complete Name field and the new acronym in the Acronym field.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
Refresh the page - the name of the school site and portal is updated within few seconds.