When a Teacher is no longer available to take their Classes (eg: left the school/resigned, passed away unexpectedly, etc.), it is best to add a substitute for this Teacher in School Loop with another Teacher for all the Courses that the previous Teacher was teaching.
Adding a Co-teacher is not recommended in such cases because a Co-teacher has limited functions like not being able to submit grades at the end of the Period.
The activity of substitution of Teachers can only be performed by the School Loop support team when the request for the same is submitted by a School Administrator, Principal, or Assistant Principal.
Open a Support ticket with the below information:
- Full name and email address of the Teacher that is no longer available. The name of the school where the Teacher is no longer available for teaching.
- Has the account for the substitute Teacher already been created in School Loop or not?
If the account for the substitute Teacher was already created, then, have all the Courses been transferred to the substitute Teacher via the Student Information System (SIS) or not?
- Below information about the substitute Teacher:
- First name
- Last name
- Login name (if required, this can be later changed by the Teacher itself by logging into their account)
- Email address
- The date from which the substitute Teacher should gain access to the Courses.
After the above information is received, agents can follow the steps shown in the Handling Long Term Substitute Teacher Requests article to add the substitute Teacher.
School Loop will actually transfer the ownership of the original Teacher's account to the substitute Teacher (by modifying the email, password, name, and an internal School Loop ID) so that it matches the information in the SIS.
If the substitute Teacher already has a School Loop account at another school in the same District, then it is still fine because the accounts at different schools are treated independently. The same email address of the substitute Teacher can be used for the School Loop accounts in different schools in the same District.
- After the School Loop Support team confirms that the account for the substitute Teacher can be accessed, then, the substitute Teacher can follow our Resetting your School Loop Password article to reset their password. Alternatively, Admins can also Reset Staff Account Passwords from the Account Management page and provide the same to the substitute Teacher.
- In case, you need School Loop to change the substitute Teacher's email ID on account (since a correct email will be required for the Teacher to reset the password themselves), then please do reach back to us on the same ticket as this action cannot be performed by School Admins.
- Once the Teacher gains access to their account, they can then update their Account Information and change the account details if needed.