Your School/District website/s performance has degraded. Users are reporting that the webpages are taking a long time to load, that the site is down completely, or receiving '500 internal server' error when accessing the site. Connection to other sites from the users' computer is normal, but accessing School Loop, logging in to it, and/or performing any other operations on the site (eg: submitting an Assignment, viewing/loading PDF files, etc.) causes errors.
- These issues usually happen when there is an outage in the School Loop environment, which can be caused by the overloading of resources of one or more of the systems that School Loop depends on. You can check the School Loop status page if there is a known issue with the SchoolLoop environment or if there is any Scheduled maintenance going on that could lead to the kind of problems you are experiencing. If the Status page list an incident then rest assured that our Infrastructure team is already working on fixing it as their top priority. On the Status page, you can also "Subscribe to Updates" so that you will be notified through an email whenever School Loop creates, updates, or resolves an incident.
- If you do not see any issues reported on the Status page, please Open a support request, if you have not already done it, and provide details of the problem, URL that you are having problems with, a screenshot of the error if you are seeing any, so that our Support team can investigate the problem.
- Verify if you are able to reproduce the problem with the client's website. Sometimes due to issues with Cloudflare, the problem could manifest only in particular geographical region(s).
- Check the School Loop Jira page to see if there are any problems with the environment reported that are still not updated on the Status page. If you find a reported problem, inform the client that the Infrastructure team is already aware of the issue and is working towards fixing it and that you will update them as soon as the issue has been resolved.
- Run a "tracert <School URL>" to see if you are able to identify the problem.
- Once the issue has been fixed, verify if the client's website is working fine before letting them know that the problem has been resolved.
After our Support team gets a confirmation from the Infrastructure team that issues have been resolved, the Support team will verify the same, send you an update, and you should then be able to access and perform operations on your School Loop site normally.