You are a Teacher and want to update the tab numbers of the periods/sections that come up in the Gradebook for your Course/s.
- The Section numbers seen in the School Loop portal are part of the data imported externally from the School Information System (SIS). Thus, they have to be edited in the SIS by a System or District Administrator who is in charge of the SIS imports and the updated numbers can then be seen after the next import.
- You can contact the System or District Administrator to update this information in the SIS. The list of System/District Administrators can usually be found in the staff directory on the school's/district's website or can be contacted via LoopMail.
- When contacting the Administrator, you need to specify the Course/s for which the Section number/s should be updated and to what numbers should they be updated. After they have updated the data in the SIS, the updated numbers will appear in School Loop after the next import of data in School Loop (which is usually the next business day).
After the import, the updated Section numbers might be seen along with the old Section numbers, thus doubling the number of Sections seen for that Gradebook in the School Loop portal. This can happen due to the fact that the
Start Date for the Gradebook is not aligned with the current Term Dates.
Below are the steps to remove the old Section numbers:
- Login to your Teacher School Loop account.
- Click on Gradebooks > Add/Edit Gradebook under the Course where the Section numbers have been updated.
View All Termsto know the
Start Datefor the ongoing Term.
Returnto come back to the page in step 2.
- Click on
Editbeside the Gradebook for which the double Section numbers are seen.
- Set the
Start Dateas per the current Term (found in step 3)