You are replying to a LoopMail message directly from your mailbox (eg: Gmail) by clicking the large
Reply button in the mail body (which opens up LoopMail). After typing the message in LoopMail, and then clicking on the
Send button, it shows the below error, and the message is not sent.
Oops! Invalid recipient. LoopMail is member-only. It will not send to external email addresses.
Invalid recipients have been automatically removed.
Below are different solutions that can be done to resolve this:
- Login to your school's School Loop website manually and reply directly from there. This is the alternate method described in the Replying to LoopMail Messages article.
- Open your mailbox (eg: Gmail) from a different computer and reply to the LoopMail message from that computer.
You should be able to successfully able to reply to LoopMail messages.
If the error still exists, then, verify the below additional things:
- LoopMail is School Loop's internal messaging system. So, the messages/emails can be sent only to other users that are registered on School Loop. Hence, no external email addresses (eg: firstname.lastname@example.org) can be typed directly in the
BCCfields in LoopMail.
To be sure that the email address of the person to whom you are replying is correct, you can click on the
Tobutton in LoopMail and select the person from the list of people that come up. If you want to keep the person in CC or BCC, then, accordingly click on
- If you are a Teacher, then, note that you cannot send LoopMail messages to Students/Parents that are not registered on School Loop. The Students can be in your Gradebooks but can be unregistered at the same time. If you think this can be the case, then, you can share our Registering New Student and Parent Accounts in School Loop article with them, so that they can register their School Loop accounts.
In the case that the issue persists, then, below are further steps that can be done on the computer where the error is seen:
- Verify that your browser is updated to it's latest version. The How to update your browser article has instructions to do so for the most common browsers on different devices, please select yours and update to the latest version.
- Clear the cache and cookies of your browser - The Clear cache & cookies in Chrome and Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch articles have the instructions for Chrome and Safari. If you have a different browser please use that browser's specific instructions.
- Disable browser extensions - The Turn off extensions in Chrome and Turn off extensions in Safari articles have the instructions for Chrome and Safari, if you have a different browser please use their specific instructions.
If the issue is still not resolved, then, create a video of the issue reproduction (using any tool like Loom, Steps Recorder, etc.), open a Support request with us, and attach the video with it for us to troubleshoot.