After a school demo site has been created, you would now like to import some data and populate all the Students, Teachers, Courses, Sections, etc. information on that site.
- The process to import the data is the same as what is done for any other School in the District when a new school year is started.
- For the demo school, you can source dummy data in you Student Information System (SIS) in following ways:
- Create your own dummy data
- Use full/partial copy of your production data
- Use the attached dummy data file
Note: This data set mainly uses the "fall" term to add courses and sections etc. After the import, change the start date for this term to match that of your first day of school.
- To do the data import, Sloopy should be installed and configured.
- Any other configuration changes that are needed can be made by referring to the Updating Data Import Configuration for New School Year article.
- The information from the SIS should be extracted for the demo school and ready for import. The import task should be automated.