As a teacher, you may want to delete a period/section that should not be in your course. It could be an old class or you no longer teach that period so you no longer want it to appear on your portal.
- Sections are not managed directly from the School Loop portal. They are imported into School Loop via an external Student Information System (SIS) used by your District.
- Any changes that need to be made to the Sections have to be first made in the SIS, and on the next data import/sync from the SIS, the changes will be reflected in the School Loop portal.
- SIS changes are usually handled by the District Administrator. So, you would need to contact the District Administrator for deletion of the Section and on the next import of the SIS, the section will no longer be available in your School Loop portal.
- If the period you want to delete has assignments, it will still appear in your portal even after the change in the import file, however, it will not affect grading because students will be dropped (they appear to have a strikethrough on their name). You can verify that by checking that the period no longer exists in the gradebook and but shows up under Period Tools in the Settings.
- Please note that there is no way to hide that period and the students in it.