Webmasters, Teachers, and Staff Members can embed Google documents like word, spreadsheets, and presentations/slides on the school's or their own School Loop site pages as custom HTML. This article provides the steps to embed these documents and link them in your site.
- You should have the webmaster rights.
- You should have a Teacher, Admin, or Staff account.
- Your Locker in School Loop is connected to Google Drive.
The document that needs to be embedded should be available first publicly from your Google Drive and only then it can be embedded on any School Loop site. Below are the steps that are needed to be done for the same:
- If the document is not already in your Google Drive, then, upload it to Google Drive using the New > File Upload option from Google Drive:
- Open the document from Google Drive.
- Click on File > Publish to the Web:
- Click on Embed > Publish
- Click Ok on the pop-up:
- The Embed link will appear after this and the Publish button will be changed to Published:
- Copy the Embed code
- This Embed code can then be used in the school site using the steps outlined in the article adding custom HTML on site pages.
- Further modifications of the iframe like width, height, etc. can be made. However, the src parameter should stay the same i.e., the link to the Office document as copied from the Embed tab.
The document should now be available as an embedded document on the site: