Favicons are the small images displayed in browser tabs (see example below), shortcuts, and bookmarks. School Loop is working to create an easy way for webmasters to upload favicons.
This article explains how you can perform these steps by yourself.
Create a Favicon
If you do not have a favicon already, there are many sites that will help you create a favicon from an existing image or from scratch. The most common image format for favicons is ICO, but JPG and GIF will work just as well. Favicons are 16 pixels square.
- Place your favicon in any of your website locker folders.
- You can do this via the My Locker icon at the top of any page in your portal.
- Once uploaded, search your locker for the file you just uploaded.
- On the search results page, right click on the link for your favicon and choose the option to copy the link (wording varies by browser).
Add Favicon Code
- Use the code sample below that matches the format of your favicon. Replace
URL_TO_XXXwith the link to your favicon.
<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="URL_TO_ICO" />
<link rel="icon" type="image/gif" href="URL_TO_GIF" />
<link rel="icon" type="image/jpeg" href="URL_TO_JPG" />
- Go to the Site Center. Click Embed Monitoring Code on the left side of the page.
- Copy and paste the aforementioned code into the Inserts field for your site.
- Be sure to use the field that inserts the code just below the opening
HEADtag. See the screenshot below:
After pasting the links to the insert field for your site, the favicon displays as in the following screenshot: