The Mega Menu is a series of custom menus with links to parts of the site. It allows the webmasters to structure the site in any way they like while maintaining a simple series of menus at the top of every page.
Mega Menus are predefined in most of the templates and can be customized to some extent. This article shares steps for making changes, specifically adding multiple columns of link list modules to the Mega Menu. In our example, we will add a two-column link list module.
Note: Only Senior District Webmasters with advanced webmaster rights can make these changes.
Follow these steps:
- Log into your School Loop account.
- Navigate to the Toolbox > Site Center. If you do not see this option under the Toolbox, it is likely that you do not have the necessary rights. Senior District Webmasters can access the Site Center for any site via the Admin Center.
- On the Pages tab, select the homepage.
- Click Edit.
- Remove unnecessary columns if there are any.
- Under the Edit Homepage Body, click the option to Edit Header and Footer.
- Click the Mega Menu to show the expansive view.
- Hover to the expanded menu, which shows a plus icon (). Click on the space to add modules.
- Go to the Layout tab of the Insert Module menu.
- Select the 50-50 option to add two columns. Choose from other layouts to add more columns.
- Two menu columns are created, as seen below.
- Hover over each column and click the plus icon () to add the link-list module.
- Click the Preview button on the upper right side of the site edit page.
- Click on the Mega Menu. The columns and links display as intended.