The Mega Menu is a series of custom menus with links to any part of the site. This option allows the webmaster to structure the site in any way they like while maintaining a simple series of menus at the top of every page.
Mega Menus are predefined in most of the Templates but can be customized to some extent. This article serves as a guide for making changes, specifically adding multiple columns of link list modules to the Mega Menu. In our example, we will add a two-column link list module.
Note: Only Senior District Webmasters with advanced webmaster rights can make these changes.
- Navigate to the Site Center under the Toolbox Section of the admin page.
- Select the homepage section to highlight it and click Edit.
- Remove the unnecessary columns if there are any.
- Click Edit Header and Footer under the Section Edit Homepage Body and click the Mega Menu to expand.
- Hover to the menu to reveal the plus sign icon () for adding modules and Click on it.
- Go to the Layout Tab of the Insert Module Menu and Select 50-50 from the options.
- Two menu columns are created.
- Hover each column and click the plus sign icon () to add a link list.
Click the Preview Button on the upper right side of the site edit page.
Click on the Mega Menu and the updated number of columns and links is displayed.