This article shares the process of inserting Layout modules to site pages with multiple sections. This is helpful when organizing the content and enriching the overall page experience. Consider the following example of a parent layout module (Column) with multiple sections in it.
Note: Layouts are added to School Loop sites as modules. Please learn about accessing and using modules before referring to the information below.
Consider the following example where a Title module has text underneath, and you wish to format this text to appear in two columns. Similar to the newspaper style where paragraphs follow a headline in columns.
Follow these steps to add multiple columns under the Title module in the screenshot above:
- Select the Title module.
- Click on the downward arrow icon on the toolbar.
- The Insert module window pops up. Select the Layout tab.
- Choose the 50-50 layout to add a column with two sections inside it. You can choose layouts from several available templates, as required.
- Hover over the newly created layout to reveal the plus sign for each section, add Text modules in them to divide the text, as seen below.
- To add padding, select the module, and checkmark the Add Padding box on the module toolbar.
- Optionally, you may select different modules around this module and edit their padding to match the formatting by following these steps:
- Click on the Text layer menu.
- Hover over different columns or rows. As you hover over the items in the layer menu, the corresponding module is highlighted on the page.
- Select the module and add padding, as indicated in the step 6.
Note: Make sure you save your work when you are done formatting the layout.
Added Layout modules and their contents show on the site page as intended. The following screenshot is an example where the text below the Title module is divided into two columns using the Layout module.