A System Administrator is a powerful user since they have links and access to all user roles. Only a system administrator can delete the user account of another system administrator. This article explains the steps in deleting a system administrator account.
Note: This step is irreversible and the user will lose all access to their data once done.
- Applies to all School Loop Versions.
- System Administrator Access is required.
Step By Step Guide
- From the portal homepage, go to User Management > System Admins > System Admins.
- Ensure that the system administrator does not have any published sites. Skip this step if you are certain that they do not have any sites published.
- Click on the administrator user you need to delete.
- Click Auto Login and go to Site Center > Tools.
- Click the Unpublish Site button. Click Unpublish once again on the confirmation message that pops up.
- The button will turn into Publish once the site is unpublished.
Go back to the System Admins list under User Management.
- Click the Delete button beside the name of the user account you need to delete.
- The next page asks you to confirm this action. Click on Delete again.
The user is removed from the System Admin List under User Management.