This article shares the process for adding a Text Module within site pages. This module allows users to add text and HTML code with the ability to insert tables, images, videos, and links to the site pages.
For full information about using modules in the editing view of pages, refer to the article about working with modules.
Follow the steps below:
- Log into your SL account with the webmaster rights.
- Navigate to the Toolbox > Site Center. If you do not see this option under the Toolbox, it is likely that you do not have the webmaster rights. Learn more about the rights issue that may prevent your access to the Site Center.
- Select the intended page to edit.
- Click the Edit button. The Edit button does not show on selecting a Navigation Header or a Minisite in the site map. Make sure you choose the intended page correctly, as seen in the example below.
- Hover over an empty block and click on it to add a module.
- Select the Text tile from the Insert Module screen.
- Click inside the text box to begin typing, as seen below.
- Use the buttons on the toolbar to format your text. Optionally, add a title using the title field on the toolbar.
- To keep your site 508 compliant, do not type in all caps. The Text module title is styled to appear in all caps, which is compliant.
- When pasting the text into the editor, it is best to use plain text and then format it using the buttons on the toolbar.
- Use the Source button on the toolbar to edit the underlying HTML of the editor. Only basic HTML is allowed when adding your source code.