Webmasters need to add various messages and information on their school sites. The Text Module allows users to add text and format it, also they can insert tables, images, videos, and live links using the same module.
You have a school loop account with Webmaster rights.
Note: If not, you can ask any Webmaster to provide the same rights to you.
- Log into your School Loop account with Webmaster rights.
- From Toolbox, select Site Center.
Note: If this option is missing, you do not have webmaster rights.
- Select the page to which you want to add a Text box and click Edit.
If the page is located under a minisite (like on the image below), you need to click on the minisite first and then select the page.
Alternatively, you can create a new page.
- Hover over free space on the page or an existing module and click on the displayed Plus Icon to add a module. If you click on the plus icon on an existing module - new module will appear next to the existing one.
- Select the Text module.
- Enter the required information in the created module.
You can use the toolbar at the top of the page to:
- Set background for your message - select one of the colors used for your site template.
- Add a title and change its format.
- Add a new links module by clicking Links.
- By using Rich Text Editor you can format your message and add:
- Bulleted and numbered lists
- Special characters
- Horizontal lines
- Once you finished editing your module, click Publish Changes.
- To keep your site 508 compliant, do not type your message in all caps. However, the Text module title is displayed in all caps even if you enter your message in lower case, which is compliant.
- When pasting the text into the editor, it is best to use plain text and then format it using the buttons on the toolbar.
- Use the Source button on the toolbar to edit the underlying HTML of the editor. Only basic HTML is allowed when adding your source code.
- Once the page is published, click Logout.
- Open the page where you added the Text module.
In this example, it is located under a minisite - we need to hover over its name and click on the name of the page.
The page with the newly added text module is displayed: