Webmasters can use the Button module to easily add customizable buttons on site pages that link to other pages or resources. The article shares the process of using the Button module.
Learn more about working with modules when editing site pages on School Loop.
Follow these steps:
- Log into your SL account with the webmaster rights.
- Navigate to the Toolbox > Site Center. If you do not see this option under the Toolbox, it is likely that you do not have the necessary rights.
- Select the intended page to edit.
- Click the Edit button. The Edit button does not show on selecting a Navigation Header or a Minisite in the site map. Make sure you choose the intended page correctly, as seen in the example below.
- Hover over an empty block and click on it to add a module.
- Select the Button tile from the Insert Module screen.
The Button module appears on the page. Enter the title by directly typing the text and avoid all caps to keep your site 508 compliant.
Click Format in the module toolbar to choose the design of the button from a variety of options.
Click the Link icon in the module toolbar to enter the URL of the intended link or resource.
- Add the link information in the pop-up window. You can add links to items in the Site Map, Locker, and other areas using the tabs on this screen.
- Click the Submit button.
The button displays on the page, as configured.