Webmasters can use the Carousel modules to insert stylish slideshows on their site pages easily. The article shares the steps for adding and formatting the carousel module, as seen below.
Note: Carousels are added to School Loop sites as modules. Please learn about accessing and using modules before referring to the information below.
Follow these steps:
- Log into your SL account with the webmaster rights.
- Navigate to the Toolbox > Site Center. If you do not see this option under the Toolbox, it is likely that you do not have the necessary rights.
- Select the intended page to edit.
- Click the Edit button. The Edit button does not show on selecting a Navigation Header or a Minisite in the site map. Make sure you choose the intended page correctly, as seen in the example below.
- Hover over an empty block and click on it to add a module.
- Select the Carousel tab from the Insert Module screen.
- Choose one of the available formats, and a Carousel will be inserted into your selected location on the page. The format and size of your carousel chosen may vary from the image below.
- Add images and configure the Carousel by:
- Dragging and dropping images to upload. You may drag and drop multiple images.
- Arranging their order by dragging the image thumbnails into the desired order.
- Adding new slides and adding images to them.
- Deleting the selected slides.
- Use the highlighted options available in the module toolbar to configure the aspect ratio (size), slide transitions, duration between slides, and navigation controls (arrows and dots) for the Carousel.
Click on a slide (not the thumbnail) to select it and configure as follows:
- Edit the text on the banner and the button, if available for your chosen format.
- Use the link icon on the toolbar to make the slide a link to a destination of your choice.
- Use the Crop icon to position the image inside the slide frame.
Note: The text blocks in the banner, including the button, are optional. Avoid using all caps for texts whenever possible to keep your site 508 compliant.
The Carousel displays on the page, as configured.