Webmasters can use the Badge module to quickly create stylish links with an image and a button for directing users to featured areas on other pages. This article shares the process of adding the Badge module to site pages.
Learn more about working with modules when editing site pages on School Loop.
Follow these steps:
- Log into your SL account with the webmaster rights.
- Navigate to the Toolbox > Site Center. If you do not see this option under the Toolbox, it is likely that you do not have the necessary rights.
- Select the intended page to edit.
- Click the Edit button. The Edit button does not show on selecting a Navigation Header or a Minisite in the site map. Make sure you choose the intended page correctly, as seen in the example below.
- Hover over an empty block and click on it to add a module.
- Select the Badge tile from the Insert Module screen.
- The Badge Module appears on the page. Drag and drop an image from your desktop on the module. Edit the text for the module's title and button. Optionally, use the Format option in the toolbar to change its layout.
Note: Avoid all caps for texts to keep your site 508 compliant.
Link the button to a destination by clicking anywhere within the badge module, to make sure it is selected, and then click the link icon on the toolbar, as seen below.
- Add the link information in the pop-up window. You can add links to items in the Site Map, Locker, and other areas using the tabs on this screen. If you choose a page from the sitemap, it will automatically save your choice and close the window.
- Click the Submit button.
The Badge module displays on the page, as configured. The size and shape of the module depend on its location on the page.