This article shares a brief introduction of the modules available for web page editing in the School Loop. For full information about using modules, refer to the article about working with modules.
The Insert Module window appears when you click the option to add a module. It includes three tabs:
The General tab allows you to insert different types of content modules onto the page. These are the most commonly used modules.
Below is a list of module types and functions in the General Tab:
- Badge: This module adds an image, along with a title and a button to link to another page. Learn more about adding and using the Badges module.
- Button: Add link buttons in various formats and sizes. Learn more about adding and using the Buttons module.
- Calendar: See all events in a calendar format and integrate it with Google Calendar. Learn more about using the Calendars module.
- Custom HTML: Enter your custom HTML (recommended for advanced users only). Learn more about using the Custom HTML module.
- File List: Post a list of file links. Upload files here or select from Locker. Learn more about using the File List module.
- Image: Easily post a picture on your site. Learn more about using the Images module.
- Link List: Post a list of links, including external pages, downloadable files, and more. Learn more about using the Links List module.
- Locker: Display the contents of any Locker folder that update dynamically. Learn more about using the Locker module.
- News: Display News items directly on your page with publishing and expiry dates. Learn more about using the News module
- Notes: Post Notes to your page that are formatted like a blog. They have a Publish date but do not expire. Learn more about using the Notes module.
- RSS Feed: Display headlines from an RSS Feed. Learn more about using the RSS Feed module.
- Parent Square: Display headlines from a Parent Square RSS Feed. Learn more about the Parent Square module.
- Showcase: Use images, titles, texts, or buttons to highlight and link to important news, programs, and events. Learn more about using the Showcase module.
- Staff Directory: Automatically display a list of registered staff, with links to email and websites. Learn more about using the Staff Directory module.
- Text: Post text and other content to your site with a variety of options, including tables, images, and more. Learn more about using the Text module.
- Title: Display a header, editable in size from H2 to H5. Learn more about using the Title module.
- Twitter Feed: Embed your Twitter feed directly into your page. Learn more about using the Twitter Feed module.
- Video: Display MP4 or MOV videos on your site. Learn more about using the Video module.
The Layout tab allows you to insert new rows and columns into an existing design. You can select from a variety of layouts. Each of these modules includes separated columns in various widths, allowing you to control the display of your content. Learn more about using the Layout modules.
The Carousel tab allows you to insert slideshows into your sites. The options in the tab provide different formats for your slideshow. You can change the format as desired after adding the carousel. Learn more about using the Carousel modules.