Users can publish news and events from their portal's homepage for audiences they have the rights to. Webmasters have more options and can also post them on the school site using the News and Calendar modules in the Site Center.
This article shares steps for publishing news and events from user portals and the Site Center.
Publishing from User Portals
This option can be used by all users. Follow these steps to publish news or an event from your user portals:
- Select from any of the highlighted options on the homepage of your user portal.
- Select the Audience.
Note: This list includes minisites and varies on the user's role and rights. The screenshot below shows options that are available to users with webmaster rights.
- Enter the details. The event and news forms are very similar. The screenshot below displays an event form.
- Click Publish.
Publishing from Site Centers
This option is only available to Webmasters, and Editors & Contributors with webmaster rights. Follow these steps to publish:
- Log into your SL account with the webmaster, editor, or contributor rights.
- Navigate to the Toolbox > Site Center. If you do not see this option under the Toolbox, it is likely that you do not have the required rights.
- Click on the News & Events tab to open news and event sections, as seen below. Users with rights may post news and events by using the highlighted options for homepages or minisites.
Publishing with the News and Calendar Modules
Typically only webmasters have the rights to add the modules to any page and post information on them. Follow these steps if you have webmasters rights:
- Log into your SL account with the webmaster rights.
- Navigate to the Toolbox > Site Center. If you do not see this option under the Toolbox, it is likely that you do not have the necessary rights.
- Select the intended page to edit.
- Click the Edit button for pages or Manage Minisite for minisites. The Edit button does not show on selecting a Navigation Header or a Minisite in the site map. Make sure you select the intended page or minisite correctly to see the correct options.
- Click empty spaces to highlight a plus (+) icon for adding modules.
- Choose the news or calendar module from the Insert Module page, as seen below. Learn more about working with modules.
- When in the editing view of a page with an inserted module click on the module.
- Click the Add button in the module's editing toolbar to add items, as seen below. This method only allows posting to the site section where the module is located.
Note: Please note that the screenshot above is an example of an inserted calendar module with the Add event button, in case of a news module this option becomes Add news.
The published news or events show in the preview and the site pages as intended.