Showcase modules consist of an image, title, text, and a button. Use this module to showcase or spotlight important events or programs.
For this module, the accessibility concerns are the alternative text for the image and the text used for the button.
- Access Showcase Module.
- Normally, these concerns would be address separately, but the entire module a link (hover over any part of the module and click to activate the button link), to boost accessibility.
- For this example, something as simple as "hanging backpacks" would be sufficient for the alternative text.
- Given that the title and blurb are sufficiently descriptive, the button text (Learn More), which might otherwise have been too vague is less of a concern. In other words, the button text is not so important, seeing as the entire module links to the desired location.
- Because the image includes text, you should use that text as the alternative text. However, you should avoid having the alternative text be the same as the text in the title or the blurb used in the module.
- Note that the button text is this example is quite descriptive. Using descriptive text for buttons and links is always the best practice.