LoopMail is School Loop's messaging system. You may send LoopMail messages to other registered users of your School Loop site. This article provides basic guidelines for using this feature and managing your messages.
Receiving LoopMail Messages
Messages sent to you will appear in your LoopMail inbox. The messages also get forwarded to your registered email address for added convenience. Make sure that you add *@schoolloop.com to your address book so that LoopMail messages do not get blocked by your spam filters.
Sorting Your Messages
You can sort your messages to customize your view or to make finding a specific message easier. It is possible to sort by Date, Sender, Recipient, and Subject.
In your LoopMail page, click the blue column title at the top of your page to make the triangle point up or down, depending on how you want your messages to display.
- Click on the LoopMail icon at the top of your Portal Page.
- Click the New Message button and click the To: link.
- Choose the group to which your recipient belongs from the Select A List box on the right-hand side of the page.
- Check the box next to their name. You may choose multiple recipients.
- Alternately, you can also begin typing the name of the person you want to send the message to in the To: field. The autofill feature will bring up names you can choose from. If you just type a name but do not select one of the accounts that pops up as you type, the message will not be sent.
- The historical archives of messages from previous years can be viewed on the left-hand side of the Loopmail page.
- Parents are not able to email students and vice versa. Parents can email their own students by using the Email Learning Management Team link. See the Contacting Teachers Help page for more info.
- For parents and students, the maximum number of recipients for the To: and CC: fields combined is 50.
Replying to LoopMail
- Login to your School Loop account and click the LoopMail icon at the top of your portal page. To
- Click a message title to open it and then click the Reply or the Reply All button at the top center of the page.
When a recipient reads your email, a green check mark will appear next to the users name on the message in your sent box.
Note: The green check mark will only appear if the receiver has opened the message from inside their LoopMail account or replied to it from either their registered email account or LoopMail. Messages viewed only in the registered email account will not display the green check mark.