Teachers can publish assignments for students and parents to view on School Loop. Assignments can appear in several places. Students can view them, submit work to the assignment online, discuss the topic and the teacher who published the assignment is able to unpublish, copy, edit or delete the assignment.
- The teacher can create and view any assignments published on a particular course via their course calendar.
- Clicking on the name of an assignment gives access to the detailed information about an assignment and its instructions. It contains the assignment start and end dates, the maximum points that are assigned to the assignment and the detail about what the assignment is about.
- The teacher is given the option to unpublish, copy, edit or delete the assignment.
- The same assignment can be copied by the teacher and published to another related class/course.
- The teacher is also given the option to Delete the assignment.
Student Assignment View
Every Assignment includes a discussion among the teacher and every student assigned to the work. This lets students seek clarification on assignments and provide help for their classmates. Teachers can also use the discussions as a way for students to submit the assignment for grading.
- The student, on the other hand, can view the assignments published by their teacher, by looking at their Tasks: Current Assignments section on their portal page. The details about the assignment are displayed on clicking on the assignment name.
- Students can use the Post Discussion/Blog button in the Current Assignments view to post discussions. The Current Assignments view is found on the Portal in the Academics section.
- Students may start a discussion about the assigned topic with the teacher using the Post discussion/Blog button. Upon completion of the assignment, the student may submit his work using the Submit Work link and choose the Locker or Device buttons depending on where they choose to submit their work from.