It can be difficult for students and parents to understand the grading when teachers are using weighted categories in their course gradebooks. The weighted grade calculator helps users understand the impact of different scores on their final grade.
This article shares information about various features available in the weighted grade calculator.
Students and parents can enter values in the weighted grade calculator and see the final grade outcome. This allows them to understand the impact of scores in different categories on their final grade and importantly lets them set score targets to get the desired grade.
Try entering the values below, in the calculator, to see your grade outcome.
The calculator has the following features:
- Add or remove categories using these buttons.
- View or hide hints to use the tool.
- Enter category details, including name, weight, and average. Please note that the total weight of the categories used must be 100% to produce the correct grade.
- Use these radio buttons to find out the score needed in a category for the desired grade. The selected category scores are highlighted in red in the calculation history area (H). Learn more by clicking on the question mark icon (?) in the tool at the top.
- See the final grade outcome. This value can also be edited to project scores for the category selected using the radio button (mentioned in D).
- Press this button to Calculate Weighted Grade outcome for the entered category weights and their averages.
- Use this button to Clear History of calculations that accumulate beneath the calculator every time the Calculate Weighted Grade button (F) is used.
- This section lists the history of calculations done by the user. It helps the users understand how different scores affect the grade.