The article shares the process for students and parents to configure or update their Account Information. This includes the way your name is displayed throughout the system, your email address, login name, and password.
If your account is controlled by the district's directory service (Active Directory or LDAP), please see the Directory Services section below.
Follow these steps:
- Go to your school's homepage. If you do not know your school's homepage, use this page to find your school.
- If your school has a published website, click the login button at the very bottom right of the homepage. If you do not have your account set up yet, you may need to self-register and create an account with School Loop unless your school is using Directory Services.
- Log into your School Loop account.
- Click on Settings (gear icon) at the top right of the portal to access the Account Settings.
- Edit your account info where allowed:
- Change your password: Click this button to change your password.
- First and Last Name: This name information is displayed throughout the system. School admins are primarily responsible for changing or updating the names for students as they cannot update this information themselves. Request your school admin to update name information if needed.
- Login Name: Edit your login user name.
- Phone Number: This field shows the phone number with area code. Please note that students do not have this field.
- Email Address: This information is private and is not shared with other users. School Loop uses this address for forwarding LoopMail messages, discussion posts, and customer center ticket responses.
- Receive Daily Emails: Click the Change button to enable or disable the daily update summary email by School Loop to parents and students. This email is sent at 5 PM PST every school day.
- Click the Submit button.
Directory Services for Students
Many districts and schools use a Directory Service (Active Directory or LDAP) to manage and administer the accounts of faculty members, staff members, and students. Data stored and managed in this system can include information such as usernames, email addresses, login and password information, as well as telephone numbers.
Note for Students: If you did not register your account yourself and your school provided your login info for School Loop instead, then your school may be using a Directory Service that is linked to School Loop.
In this case, your display name, email address, login name, and password will all be controlled by that service and cannot be changed in School Loop. Please contact your school's Helpdesk to change your account information in this scenario.
The students and parents using School Loop accounts can log in to their accounts and update the account information where allowed without any issues.