Students and their Parents are notified of all the requests to access the Students' School Loop accounts. Parents can challenge someone’s access by submitting a request to deny access. It is important to monitor this feature. This article provides the steps to challenge or approve these requests in School Loop.
When someone new registers to have access to your Student's account, the Member Approval Required box appears in the upper right-hand corner of your homepage.
2 Buttons Challenge and Approve are shown. Steps to Challenge or Approve are below:
- Click on the Challenge button in the Member Approval Required box to challenge a member’s access to your student’s account.
- Fill out the Message to Administrator form and click Send. A message will be sent to your principal for further investigation.
- You and the challenged person may receive an email from the principal requesting more information. Your principal will determine if a member’s rights should be terminated.
Click the Approve button in the New Parent Registration box to allow the member access to your Student’s account. You should only approve requests from people you know and who should have access to your student’s account. This is your private data and should be carefully guarded.
Once you’ve completed the Challenge or Approve action, the Member Approval Required box disappears. It will only appear again if someone new registers to access your student’s account.
Note: Students, do not challenge your parents. Challenge persons you do not know or you do not feel should have access to this information. Be prepared to justify your challenges to your principal. Your principal has the final decision regarding who has access.
- If the request is Approved, then, the person requesting access will have access to the Student's account.
- If the request is Challenged and if the Principal determines that the challenge is valid, then, the person requesting access will not have access to the Student's account.
- If the request is Challenged and if the Principal determines that the challenge is invalid, then, the person requesting access will have access to the Student's account.