Parents can self-register several accounts in the same school accidentally, which causes issues logging in or resetting the passwords for them. Then they report these issues to a school administrator.
- You have an Admin or a Principal account.
Note: If you are a Parent, then, contact your school's Admin or Principal and place a request for the deletion of the duplicate account/s.
- Log in to your Admin or Principal account.
- Search for the parent using their name or email.
- Open each account by clicking the View Account button.
- Check which of the accounts is approved and has linked students.
- Change the name of the account you need to delete (e.g., the one that does not have linked students or is not approved, or parent may specify which account they do not use) to be able to identify it. In this example, we added _Duplicate to the first name.
- Click Submit.
- Navigate to User Management > Parents > Parents.
- Search for the parent with the updated name (step 5) and click Delete.
- Confirm the deletion.
After completing step 7, the page with all parent accounts is displayed; check that there is only one account for the corresponding parent.