School Loop Groups can be created by teachers, administrators and staff to facilitate communication and collaboration. Example uses for groups include extracurricular activities, special interest groups, departments, curriculum planning, and parent organizations. The goal of all School Loop Groups is to collaborate with others to plan and implement projects, carry on discussions and share resources.
All groups must have a staff sponsor. Any teacher or staff member in the school can create a group.
We've organized the groups for your school into a sort-able table format.
To find and look into a group:
- Click the title heading to sort by that column. Click the title again to sort in the reverse direction.
- Click your group to go in and see files, add discussions, etc.
Adding and Deleting Members
The membership of a group can be composed of any combination of students, parents, teachers and administrators. Individuals from outside the school community can be given an Associate account in School Loop - a role with Group privileges but no access to student information - so they too can participate in Groups as necessary.
Each group's membership is also listed in a sortable table. Removing members is now easier than before. Take note of the "View Former Members" link on the right.
Any member of a group can add other members, making the maintenance of group membership a shared responsibility.
- Click the Members (View, Add or Remove) link in the group toolbox.
- Follow the on-screen directions to either add or members.
- You may select members from among the registered users of your School Loop site.
To add members from different lists (e.g. Teachers and Staff), click on the names you wish to add from one list, select a different list (right), search for the desired names, and then click the Add button. The system will remember all the boxes you've checked.