Teachers, parents, or students can't log in to their School Loop accounts (forgot the password or log in, using a wrong one, don't remember the user name, locked out, can't get in because getting an error, blocked, etc.) for work. When trying to reset the password for the School Loop accounts, they are also not receiving the password reset emails.
Note: School Loop Support cannot manually change passwords or emails for students, parents, or school staff for security reasons; only school staff or administrators can help if you are unable to reset your password.
Before proceeding with the password reset steps:
- You need to have access to the email address associated with your School Loop account to receive the password reset email. Note: If you do not have access to that email address, reach out to your school administrator or staff (if you are a student) to reset your password.
- You need to know the login page of your school. If you don't know it, then you can visit our Find Your School page and get the login page from there.
Users can reset the password for their School Loop account as described below:
Go to the login page of your school.
Click the Forgot password link, as shown below.
- Enter your login name or email address. Students may use their student IDs.
Submit the form to receive an email at your registered email address with your username and a temporary password. The email is sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.Note: Automated emails are often filtered as spam. Please check the Spam folder if you cannot find the email containing the temporary password in the inbox.Note: If you get an error
Oops! No such user account foundafter submitting the form, then refer to the corresponding article to resolve this. One of the likely causes for this error at this point (if you were able to login previously) is an incorrect login name or email address.
Log in to your School Loop account using the temporary password.
Go to Settings.
Click on Change your Password to set a new password.
- Enter the temporary password provided by email in the Current Password field, fill in the New Password and Confirm New Password fields and then click Submit.
Go to the login page of your school and try to log into your School Loop account with the new password.
If still there are issues with logging into your School Loop account or resetting the password, then you can refer to the below steps:
- Clear the cache and cookies of your browser and then try to login again. The Clear cache & cookies in Chrome and Clear the history and cookies from Safari articles have the instructions for Chrome and Safari browsers respectively. If you have a different browser please use that browser's instructions to clear the cache and cookies.
- Your school administrator has the necessary rights for resetting the passwords of all users within a School or District. You can reach out to the school administrator in case there are issues with resetting the password.
- Students can also reach out to their Teachers to resolve login issues.
- If your school is using LDAP authentication, please reach out to your School/District administrator handling LDAP services for your school.
- If you are a Parent and have accidentally registered multiple accounts in the same school (which is causing confusion to login and/or reset the password), then, contact your school's Admin or Principal and place a request to delete the additional/duplicate accounts. The Admin or Principal can refer to the Parent Cannot Log In due to Having Multiple Accounts article for deletion of the same.
- Resetting Student Passwords for Teachers and Staff
- Resetting Student and Parent Account Passwords for Admins
- Changing Email Address for School Staff