This article shares the self-service password reset option for School Loop users wishing to reset their passwords.
If the users are still unable to reset their passwords, they should reach out to their school administrator for more help. School administrators usually have necessary rights for resetting passwords of all users within a school or district.
Follow these steps if you have forgotten your password. If you know your password and only wish to update, go to step five:
- Go to the login page of your school.
- Click the Forgot password link, as shown below.
- Enter your email address or login name. Students may use their student ID.
- Submit the form to receive an email at your registered email address with a temporary password.
- Log in using the password.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Change your Password to set a new password.
Note: At times, automated emails like these are filtered as spam. Please check your spam folder if you cannot find the email.
Active Directory Users
If you use your school's Active Directory login name and password to log in, contact your School or District Active Directory Administrator to reset your password.
- If your district uses the Google Sign-In option, contact your school email administrator or IT Department.
- If you still cannot log in, submit a support ticket with the name of your school and district.
Student & Parent Accounts
- Any administrator can reset the password for student and parent accounts.
- Any faculty or staff member can reset the password for any student at their school. If the student does not have a valid email address, then this is the only method of password recovery.
The user can log into the School Loop account with the updated password.