If you are using SLS1 School Loop Standard, your site comes with a locker where you can upload files and links and organize them into folders. These uploaded resources are available for use on any page of your site, including pages located in Minisites or subfolders of your teacher site. You may manage the contents of all your lockers by clicking the My Locker icon located at the top of any page in your portal.
To access these resources while working on your site:
Accessing Your Lockers
1. Login to your School Loop account, then locate and click your portal page.
2. Click the Resource Files button located near the top right.
3. To upload resources, use the Add option and follow the simple on-screen directions.
- You can also drag and drop files onto the resource locker field. Use Table view link to access all your lockers.
- You may also upload resources using the Save Resources menu on the Locker element.
Linking to Your Locker Resources
The Rich Text Editor and Locker Elements provide two ways to make your locker resources available on your teacher website.
With the Rich Text Editor, you may create links to any single folder or file in your resource locker.
1. Highlight the text you wish to use as your hyperlink.
2. Click the Links button on the toolbar.
3. When the popup window appears, click the Locker tab to view a list of all your available resources.
- The locker element displays a list of all the resources in your locker using either the file name or the display name if one set when the file was uploaded. See the section below for advanced use of the locker element.
- Generally, most file types in the locker will download automatically when the user clicks on them unless they have their browser set to automatically open the given file type.
- PDF files are the exception. Our system will automatically load the PDF files in the browser in the same tab. If the user wants to instead open the PDF file in a separate tab or window, or if they want to download the PDF to their computer, they can right-click (Ctrl-click for Macs) the link in the locker and choose one of these options from the context menu.
Advanced Locker Usage
- To illustrate the flexibility of the Locker Element, let us assume that a teacher has created two folders in their locker - Parents, and Students. Each folder is filled with the appropriate files for their respective audience.
- When a Locker Element is first placed on a page, it defaults to displaying the full contents of the locker - as pictured below on the left.
- To display only the contents of the Parents folder, click the pencil icon on the locker element and select the Parents folder from the list Lockers and folders that appear.
- As pictured below on the right, the locker has been pointed to the Parents folder and the element got renamed accordingly.