This guide is meant for SLS1 School Loop Standard Users.
Here, we will introduce you to the basic features of School Loop Standard Website for Staff. If you haven't had a chance to review the Easy Start Guide for Staff, please download the attachment below. You'll find these help pages for teacher websites much easier to follow if you've been through the guide.
- The default website for staff accounts on School Loop Standard is very simple and should be enriched before beginning to publish data.
- The default page contains a number of elements. Any element you do not wish to keep may be removed by clicking the trash can icon for that element. If you delete an element and later change your mind, you can always add them again. To do this, simply click the green plus (+) icon anywhere on the site where you wish to add an element.
To change the name of a page, click the Properties button next to the page title.
- You'll also have the option to enter a URL name to make it easier for visitors to find your site.
- For example, enter "jones" if you want the URL name to be yourschool.schoolloop.com/jones.
- If you would like to change the layout, you may do so. Initially, it is recommended that you use the template selected in the example below - navigation on the left, and 3 columns of content.
- To edit the name of the locker, click the pencil icon.
- To add resources on the locker element, click Resources Files, then click Add and choose either File, Link or Folder from the drop-down menu.
- If you wish to organize your locker resources into folders, carefully plan your structure before you start uploading files. Currently, there is no sufficiently simple way to move locker resources between folders.
- If your resources are already organized on your hard drive, there is an option to upload a zipped folder of those resources. Our system will unzip the files exactly as they were on your computer.
- This element allows you to post notes for visitors to your page.
- Think of it as a personal blog. The 10 most recent notes will appear on the page with the newest on top. A View All Notes button will appear on the bottom of the list if there are more than 10 notes. All notes will remain on your site until you delete them.
- The calendar will display all the events you publish to your personal website.
- Click the pencil icon if you would rather have a monthly calendar or any one of the 5 calendar options.
- The title may also be edited. Use the Add Events menu on the calendar to publish either a general event (e.g., a class field trip) or an assignment.
Publish important news for your site.
1. Click the plus sign from your site edit page to open the Elements window. Choose News.
2. Click the Add News button on the element and fill out the simple form.
- The newest items appear on the top of the list and expired news drops off automatically.
3. Clicking the pencil icon allows you to choose how many news items will appear on the page and the format of the news ("Short" lists the headline only. "Long" displays the headline and up to the first few lines of text).
Ready to publish?
- So, you've deleted some elements from your default staff page and added content to others. Perhaps you also posted some news and notes. You may be ready to publish your site.
- When you are ready, just click the Publish button near the top of the page.
- If your school has included you in a directory on the school site, your name becomes a link to your site as soon as you publish.