When School Loop imports data about your classes, the names of your courses come directly from the district's student information system. These course names appear on your Portal under Course Management and in the menus for Classrooms and Gradebooks. They also appear for your students in their schedules.
These names are not always formatted in a way that makes sense to you, your students or their parents. This article provides guidelines for updating the course titles.
School Loop Plus
Using Quick Links
- Click Manage Sections in the Quick Links list.
- Click the Edit button next to the course name that you wish to change.
- Enter the name you prefer.
- Click the Submit button.
Using Portal Settings
- Click the Settings gear icon in the upper right of any page in your portal.
- In the Course Settings section click the name of the desired course.
- Click the Go button in the Edit Course Name section.
- Enter the new name and click Submit.
If the change was successful, the confirmation message below is displayed.
Once the course name is changed, parents and students will see the new name. In your portal, the name of the course will be changed everywhere except for the Gradebook title.
Q: Where does the changed course name show?
A: Once changed, parents and students will see your course as you've named it. In your portal, the name of the course is changed everywhere except for the titles of the gradebook.
Q: How do I change the name of the gradebook?
A: Gradebook names can be changed by using the Add/Edit Gradebook option in your gradebook.