At the beginning of a term, teachers may want to move sections from one course to another to consolidate their students. If a teacher creates an assignment in a gradebook section, it can be moved only by an Admin. Note that assignments and grades are stored in the course, so when you move a section out of a course, assignments and scores need to be re-entered.
- You have an Administrator account.
- The course to which you want to move a section is created.
- Log in to your Admin account.
- Search for the required teacher using their name or email.
- From Search results, click View Account next to the desired teacher.
- Click Schedule.
- Click Move & Merge next to the section you want to move.
In this example, SUP ENG 4 Period 3 section is located under the wrong course.
Select the course to which you need to move the section and click Submit.
Once you complete step 6, the section is displayed under the required course with no assignments for this section (as they are removed):