LoopMail is a messaging app that is safe, secure and never anonymous - everyone's messages are linked to their real name. Because LoopMail is a private, internal messaging system, your email address is always hidden from other users.
School Loop Plus
The LoopMail icon is found at the top of your portal page. Clicking this icon takes you to your Loopmail Inbox.
When you have new messages, a notice appears at the top of the right column of your user portal. You may click the LoopMail icon in this alert to access your inbox.
You may send LoopMail to other registered users of your School Loop site. The Associate and Afterschool Professional roles, however, have very limited rights to send messages to students.
LoopMail messages remain inside the School Loop System. However, we do forward copies of your messages to the email address used with your account. Those messages do not contain the email address of the sender, so it is not possible to reply to that message as you would with other messages.
Instead, the message contains two large buttons, REPLY and REPLY ALL, which will transport you back to your School Loop account where you can compose and submityour reply.
Auto-Recovery and Timeout Protection
If you are writing a LoopMail and leave the page, your draft message will be saved.
Additionally, there is a built-in timeout protection system that will save your work and prompt you to log back in to School Loop if you start a LoopMail message after you have timed out.
Simply click the Login button in order to continue writing your LoopMail.
Rich Text Editor Feature
LoopMail2 features a Rich Text Editor with a toolbar that allows you to customize your messages much like you would using word processing software. You can edit justification, add links, tables, and color to your text, along with many other features. Check out the toolbar buttons at the top of the New Message box to see all of the editing options available.
- The To: and CC: fields have a combined maximum of 200 recipients for faculty and staff - for students and parents, the maximum is 50.
- Use the BCC: field if you want to send a message to a large number of recipients. This field does not have a limitation.
- When the number of recipients is greater than 10, you will see a link saying "+ [number] more..." after the first 10. Click that link to view your full recipient list.
- You can contact support to remove the messages from your Sent mail and from the LoopMail inbox of all recipients. Remember to provide them with the subject and date and time the message was sent, so they can remove the correct message.
- Students and parents do not have the BCC: field.
- LoopMail does not support spell check as of yet, but most modern browsers have built-in spell check. Here's a guide to the keyboard and mouse click combinations needed to access suggested spellings for various browsers:
Safari, Firefox, Chrome:
Firefox, Chrome, Safari & Internet Explorer 10:
Internet Explorer 7, 8, or 9:
No built-in spell checking
Note: For those using older versions of Internet Explorer (before IE 10), you have three options: either upgrade to IE 11, switch to a new browser, or look for a third-party spell check add-on. For many school networks, users do not have rights to install browser add-ons, but for those who do and for those using older versions of IE on their personal computers, we can point you to two options. Please keep in mind that School Loop does not endorse or support any such add-ons and we provide no warranty about the use of these add-ons. With that said, these add-ons do work with a varying degree of success, depending on your version of IE.
- Safari, Firefox, Chrome:
- Users with an Associate or Afterschool Professional accounts are not allowed to send messages to students and parents.
- LoopMail messages cannot be recalled. Instead, you can contact support to remove a message from the LoopMail inbox of all recipients, but there's nothing we can do about the copies of messages forwarded to the recipient's email address. Only school administrators may request for messages to be removed.