LoopMail is a messaging app that is safe, secure, and never anonymous - everyone's messages are linked to their real name. Because LoopMail is a private, internal messaging system, your email address is always hidden from other users. This article provides information on LoopMail features such as interface options, auto-recovery and timeout protection, rich text editor features and limitations such spell and grammer check support.
School Loop Plus
- The LoopMail icon is found at the top of your portal page. Clicking this icon launches your LoopMail Inbox.
- When you have new messages, a notice appears at the top of the right column of your user portal. You may click the LoopMail icon in this alert to access your inbox.
- You may send LoopMail to other registered users of your School Loop site.
- LoopMail messages remain inside the School Loop System. However, copies are forwarded to the email address used with your account. Those messages do not contain the email address of the sender, so it is not possible to reply to that message as you would with other messages.
- Instead, the message contains two large buttons, Reply and Reply All, which transports you back to your School Loop account where you can compose and submit your reply.
Auto-Recovery and Timeout Protection
- If you are writing a LoopMail and leave the page, your draft message is saved.
- Additionally, there is a built-in timeout protection system that saves your work and prompts you to log back into School Loop if you start a LoopMail message after you have timed out.
- Simply click the Login button in order to continue writing your LoopMail.
- If for some reason a blank message was recovered, simply click the Cancel button to return to the list of sent Broadcast Messages.
Rich Text Editor Feature
LoopMail2 features a Rich Text Editor with a toolbar that allows you to customize your messages much like you would using word processing software. You can edit justification, add links, tables, and color to your text, along with many other features. Check out the toolbar buttons at the top of the New Message box to see all of the editing options available.
- The To: and CC: fields have a combined maximum of 200 recipients for faculty and staff - for students and parents, the maximum is 50.
- Use the BCC: field if you want to send a message to a large number of recipients. This field does not have a limitation.
- When the number of recipients is greater than 10, a link saying "+ [number] more..." is displayed after the first 10. Click that link to view your full recipient list.
- You can contact support to remove the messages from your Sent mail and from the LoopMail inbox of all recipients. Remember to provide them with the subject and date and time the message was sent so they can remove the correct message. There is nothing we can do about the copies of messages forwarded to the recipient's email address.
- Students, Parents, and Associates do not have the BCC: field.
- LoopMail does not support spell check as of yet, however, most modern browsers have a built-in spell checker. The following is how to use the keyboard and mouse click combinations to access suggested spellings for various browsers:
- For those using older versions of Internet Explorer (before IE 10), you have three options: either upgrade to IE 11, switch to a new browser, or look for a third-party spell check add-on.
- For many school networks, users do not have the right to install browser add-ons, but for those who do and for those using older versions of IE on their personal computers, we can point you to two options.
- Please keep in mind that School Loop does not endorse or support any such add-ons and we provide no warranty about the use of these add-ons. With that said, these add-ons do work with a varying degree of success, depending on your version of IE.
Additionally, you can use a third-party extension such as Grammarly with a Modern Web Browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
- Users with an Associate or Afterschool Professional accounts are not allowed to send messages to Students and Parents.