Like many web-based email clients, the left column displays your Inbox, Sent messages, and Archived messages. Unlike other email systems, messages cannot be deleted in LoopMail. Instead, they can be moved from the Inbox to the Current Archive or stored in another folder. Creating and managing message folders is discussed in detail in this article.
Currently, users are only allowed to create new folders in order to organize incoming messages. For sent messages, there is a Sent mail folder inside the Current Archive folder, where users can store messages that they do not want to keep in the Sent mailbox.
- Click the Add button at the bottom of the left column. This will bring up the Add Folder window.
- Enter a name for your new folder - you may edit the name later if you wish.
Edit and Delete Folders
- Click the Edit button at the bottom of the folder list.
- From the Edit Folders window, select a folder in the left column.
- Edit the name as desired or click the Delete button to remove the folder.
Note: Folders that contain messages cannot be deleted. However, you may empty a folder of messages by moving them to another folder. The Current Archive and Historical Archive folders may be renamed, but they cannot be deleted.
Organizing LoopMail Messages into Folders
There are two ways to move messages into folders. The first method is to drag and drop individual messages.
- Move your cursor over the messages you want to move.
- The cursor changes to a pair of crossed arrows.
- Click and hold that message and drag it to one of your folders. Once you drop a message into a folder, it will disappear from your inbox.
The second method allows you to move multiple messages at once:
- Check the box to the left of the messages that you wish to move.
- Mouse over the Move Selected drop menu located just above the date column.
- From the drop menu, choose the desired destination.
- Click to move all checked messages to that location.