When Active Directory users request a new password, they will be presented with customized instructions to reset their Active Directory password. The instructions can include text, images, and links including mailto links.
The following steps will guide the user in customizing password recovery message.
- From your District Admin portal, navigate to the School Site List.
- Click the Password Help Message in the Toolbox section.
- In the Rich Text Editor, provide instructions on how to reset the Active Directory password. It is recommended that your instructions should include:
- Specific steps and links to a password reset page.
- District requirements for a password.
- Systems where this new password will be used.
- Contact information if a district needs help resetting their password.
Below is an example of what a custom message might contain: