This article shares information about understanding and using the Categories (Universal) feature available under Settings in teacher accounts of School Loop Plus.
When publishing assignments for students in School Loop Plus, the use of categories provides an additional descriptor for students and parents. For teachers using School Loop Gradebook with weighting, the use of categories is required.
An added benefit of using this feature is that the School Loop Gradebook displays student performance by categories, even if weighting is not used. For more information about this benefit, see our help pages about the Gradebook tabs for All Grades and Published Grades.
Although your Gradebook comes with several preset categories, you may add, edit, and delete categories as desired. There are no restrictions on the use of categories.
Follow these steps to create, delete, or edit categories:
- Log in to your School Loop account as a teacher.
- Click the Settings button or the gear icon at the top right.
- Click the Go button for Categories (Universal).
- Click to Edit or Delete any of the preset categories, if desired.
- To enter a new category, type in the name and click Submit.
When publishing assignments for any course, your universal list of categories will be available in a drop-down menu on the Add Assignment form.