Scaled Grading is used to convert Percentage Scores to Letter Grades. The chosen Grade Scale appears on the progress report for teachers, students, and their parents.
This article shares the process for creating new grade scales in the Gradebook Settings available to teachers in School Loop Plus. Teachers may delete grades, insert new grades, and set the floor percentage for each grade when configuring scaled grading.
Important Note: Published progress reports are not automatically updated when you change gradebook settings. Republish progress reports as needed.
By default, the grade scale is set to 'Default'. The teachers can use the following steps to create a new custom grade scale as needed for the course:
- At the top-right corner of your portal, click Settings.
- Choose a Gradebook in the Gradebook Settings section.
- In the Grade Scales section, click Go.
- Click Create New Scale in the Grade Scale Options section.
- Enter the Name of the grade scale (e.g., Grading System).
- To add a letter grade, click Insert and follow the instructions given below.
- Enter the Grade Label (e.g., F).
- Enter Floor Percent (e.g., 0). Teachers may use decimal values or whole numbers for the floor percentages. For example, if B grade is between 80 and 90, enter B as the grade Label and 80 as Floor Percent.
- Click Submit.
- Adjust the Floor Percent as desired for each letter grade. Be sure to set the lowest grade on your scale to 0%.
- If you want to remove a letter grade, click Delete.
- Click Submit.
The newly created scaled grading can be seen in the Grade Scale Options section.