Teachers need to publish assignments and tasks for students, which students need to complete and submit online.
You need to have a Teacher account in School Loop.
- Log into your Teacher account.
- Click Add Assignment and select the required gradebook. Alternatively, you can select All (Mass Copy) to add an assignment to all your gradebooks.
- Fill in the required (title, periods, points, dates) and optional fields:
- Title - Enter the title for the assignment.
- Description - Enter all details about the assignment.
- Periods - Select periods for which you want to publish this assignment.
- Assign Date - Enter the date when the assignment will be visible for students.
- Due Date - Specify the last day when the assignment can be submitted by students.
- Points - Enter the maximum number of points that can be earned for this assignment.
Note: This value must be 1 or higher.
- Scaled Points: Enter a number of Scaled Points for this assignment. By default, this value is equal to the Points value.
- Category - Select a Category for this assignment.
- Publish to - Select where you want to publish the assignment - calendar, gradebook, or both.
- Priority Alerts - Select one of the following options:
- No Alerts - Parents will not receive alerts.
- Test Alert - Parents that are using School Loop mobile app will receive an alert about a test the day before its due date.
- Assignment Alert - Parents that are using School Loop mobile app will receive an alert about an assignment on the Assign Date and the day before its due date.
- Time to Complete - Enter estimated time to complete the assignment; it does not affect the amount of time students can actually spend on the assignment.
- Click Publish.
- If you published the assignment to Calendar, go to the main page of your portal.
The assignment is displayed in your Calendar:
- If you published the assignment to a gradebook, click Gradebooks and select the corresponding gradebook.
The new assignment is listed in your gradebook: