Teachers can pick the categories eligible for dropping a low score for each student and SchoolLoop's Gradebook will find the single score that gives each student the greatest boost in average. Teachers can choose not to drop scores for an individual student or, if necessary, restore all dropped scores for all students.
Step By Step Guide
Note: This feature supports dropping only one score per student from the Gradebook.
- Select the Tools tab from within the desired Gradebook.
- Click the Drop Low Score link from the Gradebook Tools section.
- Click the Select Categories button.
- Check the Categories a user wants to include.
- If a teacher wants to drop the lowest Test score, check the Test category.
- If a teacher wants to drop the lowest score from either the Project or Discussion categories, check both.
- Click the Submit button. School Loop's Gradebook will search for the score from all checked categories that will have the greatest positive effect on the student's grade.
- Search results are presented - uncheck the box next to any student's name which you wish to exclude from benefiting from a dropped score.
- Click the Drop Scores button.
- You can now either restore dropped grades or select a period to go back to the Gradebook. The scores with a line through them are the dropped scores.
- Republish grades to have the dropped score removed from the progress reports that student and parents see.
After correctly dropping the desired number of grades, all affected averages will be updated.