Integration with Google accounts is a more efficient way to connect School Loop with Google Classroom. With this upgrade we're offering three important improvements:
- Automatic push of assignments from School Loop to Google Classroom and vice-versa.
- Syncing of your rosters in School Loop and Google Classroom by auto-inviting students.
- Creation of classes in Google Classroom to match your School Loop classes.
The current integration allows teachers to connect their Google Classroom account to their School Loop account and publish assignments created in School Loop in Google Classroom, in a virtually seamless way. It also offers new syncing options that will help teachers who use both applications to keep their classrooms connected and in sync.
Your school administrator will work with School Loop support to make sure the right configuration is in place before you can follow the steps below.
- From your School Loop portal, click on the Settings button on the top right.
- Under Google Classroom, click on the Go button.
- Click on the Google Connect link.
- From the Google accounts page, select the teacher account that your school has configured for you.
NOTE: If you don't have this information, contact your school Google Classroom administrator.
- If prompted, enter your password for that account.
- On the next page, you have to authorize School Loop to access your Google Classroom information. Click on the Allow button to confirm.
NOTE: This process includes authorization to access your classes, rosters and student grades for integration purposes.
- Once the authorization step is completed, you will be back on School Loop and ready to start the classroom linking process.
A Success message stating that Google Classroom is now linked to School Loop is displayed once the authorization is completed.