The Teacher Portal enables communication and collaboration with students, their parents, and your colleagues in new and exciting ways. This guide will introduce you to all of the basic functions of your account.
School Loop version SLS2.
- The top section of your portal contains a navigation menu. The icons redirect to frequently used features, and allow you to access the settings, help, and account management pages.
- Clicking your name link in upper right corner returns you to this homepage.
- The Course Management area of your portal contains publishing tools and links to your digital classrooms, and course-related features such as the Gradebook, Course Calendar, and more.
- The Student Tracker tool allows you to create groups of students to easily follow their progress and communicate with their Learning Management Team.
- Your portal also contains a calendar of your assignments and events, news published for you, discussions and projects for groups you’ve joined, and links to other features such as student records.
- Your School Loop account does not require that you adjust any settings before use, but you will need to configure your Gradebooks before you begin to publish grades.
- Click the Settings link located near the top right of every page of your portal to access settings for your website, courses, and Gradebooks.
- Use the orange Add Assignment drop-down menu on your Dashboard to access the Simple Assignment form.
- In the left column, choose the periods that will receive this assignment, the assigned and due dates and points.
- On the right, enter a short assignment title.
- All other settings are optional.
- Click the Publish button when ready.
Congratulations, you’ve just published your first assignment!
- All students in the assigned periods and their parents will see this assignment listed in the calendar on their account portals.
- Made a mistake? No worries. Anywhere you see your assignments listed in your portal, the titles are links. Click an assignment title to link to a page where you can Edit, Copy, and Delete that assignment.
- School Loop starts you with one Gradebook for each course, and you can add more if you want.
- Use the Gradebook links in the Course Management area or the Gradebooks menu in the main navigation bar to access your Gradebooks. This guide only covers the basics.
- When you publish an assignment for your classes, the publishing options allow you to include that assignment in the Gradebook. Be sure to set the maximum points value for Gradebook assignments.
- If you included an assignment in the Gradebook, it will appear as a new column in the Gradebook for that subject.
Note: You may enter your grades directly into the cells on the Gradebook. Here, we'll use the Assignment Scoresheet instead.
- Click the title of the assignment at the top of the column of cells to access the Assignment Scoresheet. As you can see, this scoresheet is for a single assignment and includes fields for comments. These comments are clearly displayed for students and their parents in their account portals.
- At some point after saving your scores, you will be ready to publish those scores for students and their parents to see.
- To publish scores, click either one of the Progress Report Publishing buttons located near the top and bottom right sides of the Gradebook.
- All of your saved assignments are listed on the next page.
- Check the boxes for those assignments you wish to make public and click the Publish button.
- Students and parents will see a grade based only on published scores.
- Saved but unpublished scores in your Gradebook are for your eyes only.
- As easily as you published scores, you can unpublish scores. Click the Progress Report Publishing button again and uncheck the boxes before submitting.
- The School Loop Plus Portal provides you with a personal website.
- With minimal effort, you can create and publish your teacher website.
- For advanced users, we offer you the tools necessary to fully customize your site, but let’s first look at the basics.
- From any page, look for the My Website icon in the central navigation menu.
- Click on the icon to go to the default page, which contains many elements such as a locker, calendar, notes and news.
- The first thing you should do is to remove the elements you do not wish to keep.
- Click the Trash Can icon in the upper right corner of an element to delete it from your page.
- Add additional elements by clicking the Plus Sign Icon where you wish to insert the content. A new window will appear with options for 11 different Elements (types of content).
For the elements, you wish to keep:
- Use the Pencil (edit) icon and Add buttons to change options and add new content, respectively.
- When ready, click the Publish button. If you’d like to finish building your site at a later time, click the Save button.
- Classrooms are the hub for the courses you teach and allow you to present curriculum in a collaborative learning environment flexible enough to support basic online instructional strategies up through flipped classrooms.
- Classrooms are divided into four sections: Home, Curriculum, Locker, and Calendar. Students and parents see a read-only version of everything you publish in Classrooms.
Home: A convenient weekly calendar view of your curriculum for this course is on the left. Course news and a bulletin board is available on the right for you to share information and resources for your course.
Curriculum: Content you've created or imported from Curriculum Groups is stored here, and you can edit content here as well. Units, lessons, and assignments you choose to publish will be viewable by your students and their parents.
Locker: Store and manage all the resources for your courses. Your students can see your course locker, but they can only copy files out of the locker. They cannot add, edit or delete files in your locker.
Calendar: A scrolling month calendar to get the big picture of what’s going on in your course. You can quickly add assignments, lessons, and units simply by clicking on a date.
Your portal calendar contains the assignments for all of your courses as well as the events published for all teachers and the groups you belong to. Using the Show Me... menu on the calendar, you can control which events are displayed. The Add Events menu allows you to publish new assignments, general events, and even personal events, which appear for you alone. There are views for the day, week, and month.
- LoopMail is a safe, secure system that enables you to communicate with your students, their parents, and your colleagues.
- The LoopMail icon is located at the top of every page. Messages are forwarded from LoopMail to your registered email address.
- All Administrators, Teachers, and Staff have the ability to view, create, and join groups in School Loop. You can create standard groups or curriculum groups.
- Curriculum groups allow you to collaborate with other teachers around units, lessons, and assignments.
- Groups are made up of any number of users including students and parents. Each group shares a common calendar, news, and resource locker. Group members may start and participate in an online discussion board.
- Using the pre-configured School Loop Help Group is a great way to connect with other users.
- Members can post questions and suggestions for other users to see.