The teacher for a course record can authorize an individual at the site with a Teacher or Staff role to be a Co-teacher for a course. The Co-teacher role grants access to all the tools for a shared course such as gradebooks, class sites, calendars, lockers, curriculum, student trackers, and seating charts. The Co-teacher will also be automatically included as part of the Learning Management Team for students in the shared course.
You can use this feature if you meet all of the following criteria:
- My school has enabled the gradebook sharing feature.
- I am the teacher of record for a course.
- I am using the School Loop gradebook.
- Go to the Co-Teacher setting via one of the following routes:
- From any one of your gradebooks, use the Tools tab and select Choose a Co-teacher.
- Settings > Course Settings > Select a Course > Choose a Co-teacher.
- Choose your co-teacher from the select menu.
- In order to remove a co-teacher, choose the "None" option before clicking the submit button.
- Click the Submit button.
Once the 'Submit' button is clicked, no co-teacher will be added, therefore, any existing co-teachers will be removed from Co-Teacher Plus. A display message 'This person is also authorized to use this gradebook: XYZ' will now be absent (as seen in Adding A Co-Teacher)