Admins may need to create new users or update existing accounts. This usually happens at the beginning of the year when you need to register new teacher accounts, staff, etc.
You need to have an Admin account to create new users.
Each teacher and student account needs to have an ID imported from SIS (other user information is imported as well). Admins only need to add an email address to register a teacher account.
- Staff, Principal, Assistant Principal, Associate, and Admin accounts can be created without ID.
- Parents and students usually need to complete self-registration.
If the district is using the Active Directory/LDAP authentication method, credentials should be provided by the school/district.
- Log in to your School Loop account.
Click User Management to open the menu of user roles.
Navigate to [User type] > Register [User type] (e.g., Staff > Register Staff).
For more information about each user type, please refer to the Account Types section.
On the next page, enter the user's first name, last name, and email address. You may register up to five users at a time.
If you are registering a teacher, you need to add only an email address; all other information must be imported from SIS.
Click the Register Now button.
You can check with each registered user if they received an email with a link to their School Loop site, their login name, and a temporary password.
The 'Internal' account types have access to student data. Therefore, non-school users should never be given these roles.
- This role has rights to manage settings and users for all schools in the district.
- School administrators and other users who support school users are assigned System Admin accounts. They can create and edit all user accounts in the school and log in as other users to troubleshoot issues.
- Mentor teachers who take on a support role may also have a System Admin account as a second account.
|Principals and Assistant Principals
- These accounts have the same rights as System Administrators.
- Accounts for faculty members with a teacher ID and assigned courses in the Student Information System (SIS) are created automatically during data import. Additionally, an administrator must register (by adding email address) these accounts before they can be used.
- Teachers who do not have an active schedule in the SIS, but need School Loop access, should be given Staff accounts.
- School employees who do not fit into any of the above roles should be given a Staff account. Administrative secretaries, counselors, school psychologists, and the registrar are examples of those typically assigned a Staff account.
- This account type was designed as a way to give non-school employees such as the PTSA president or off-campus coaches access to School Loop.
- They have access to calendars and curriculums for all classes but do not have access to student information.
|After School Professionals
- This account type is used by professional tutors, social workers, and community center staff - persons who are not employed by the school, but who are helping students to succeed and need access to the student's calendar of assignments.
- They need to self-register and must be approved by a parent or administrator.
- They can review assignments for a student but, by default, cannot review grades. Only Advanced Afterschool Professionals can review student grades (if this role is enabled for the school).
- Student information is imported from SIS. Then they have to
- Students with an active schedule of classes can self-register and they will be able to review and submit their assignments, communicate with teachers via LoopMail, take part in groups, etc.
- Parents also self-register, but their accounts may need administrative approval according to the school settings. Also, there is a challenge system designed to identify and deny access to unauthorized individuals.
- Once approved, they can review their student's assignments and communicate with teachers via LoopMail.
Back to Top