District and School Admins may need to add new School Loop accounts for principals, superintendents, or staff members, register teachers, or provide access to new SysAdmins. This usually happens at the beginning of the year when you need to add new users or when a new member joins the school. This article outlines the steps for creating various types of users in School Loop.
- You need to have Admin rights to create new accounts, which are provided to SysAdmins, Principals, and Assistant Principals. If you do not have admin rights, please ask your School Admin to create the required account.
- Each Teacher and Student account needs to have an ID imported from SIS (other user information is imported as well). Admins only need to add an email address to register a teacher account.
- If the district is using the Active Directory/LDAP authentication method, credentials should be provided by the school/district.
- Parents and students usually need to complete self-registration and can refer to the Parents and Students roles for further details.
- Staff, Principal, Assistant Principal, Associate, and Admin accounts can be created without ID and the below steps can be followed for their account creation:
- Log in to your School Loop account.
Click User Management to open the menu of user roles.
Navigate to [User type] > Register [User type] (e.g., Staff > Register Staff).
For more information about each user type, please refer to the Account Types section.
On the next page, enter the user's first name, last name, and email address. You may register up to five users at a time.
If you are registering a teacher, you need to add only an email address; all other information must be imported from SIS.
Click the Register Now button.
You can check with each registered user if they received an email with a link to their School Loop site, their login name, and a temporary password.
The 'Internal' account types have access to student data. Therefore, non-school users should never be given these roles.
|Principals and Assistant Principals||
|After School Professionals||