Admins are unable to set up terms for a new school year due to the following error:
Oops! Invalid start of term
You need to have a District Admin account.
There are two possible root causes:
- Your School portal is not rolled yet.
To confirm if this is the case, perform the following steps:
- Log in to your District Portal.
- Select School Site List from the Toolbox:
- Click on the name of the required school.
- In the School Info section, check the First and Last Day fields:
- If the first day is within the previous year and the last day within the current year - the school is not rolled yet.
- If the first day is within the current year and the last day is within the next year - the school is already rolled; check the next possible root cause.
- The first day of the term you have entered is outside of the configured school year (first and last days checked in the previous step).
- If your school is not rolled yet, submit a support ticket including:
- Start and End dates of the new school year
- Desired date to roll the school
Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Once your school is rolled, complete the first two steps from the New School Year Tasks article - updated data import configuration and import data for the new year into School Loop. This is required to import term labels into the system.
If the data is already imported, proceed to the next step.
- Try setting the terms - make sure that the start of the first term matches the first day of the school year (as checked in the Diagnosis section); the first days of other terms must be within the school year (between the first and last day).
Once you have finished setting the terms, they are displayed with the updated dates: