Before the beginning of a new school year, School Loop archives old data to prepare school sites for the data imports for the new year. This action is performed approximately 7-10 days before the start of the school year unless the district requests a different date (when submitting the Account Update form). After this task is complete, Districts are notified and District Admins need to configure and verify data imports and register new users for the new school year.
- The first two tasks can be performed by a Staff member who handles Sloopy and SIS.
Other tasks need to be performed by a District Administrator; the fifth task can be also performed by a School Admin.
- You have received a notification from School Loop that your school sites were rolled.
- Update Sloopy configuration to retrieve files for the new school year:
First, make sure to remove all old data and stop automated imports - this can be done once the School year ends and you don't need to import new data into School Loop.
Then, you need to update the data import configuration to pull data for the new school year.
- Create a new automated task or activate the disabled task for Sloopy.
- Once the first data import for the new school year completes, set terms for each School.
- Verify that imported data is correct (matches information in SIS).
- Register new users.
If your district is using School Loop's Directory Service Integration, you will need to activate imported accounts.
Note: After completing all tasks, we highly recommend deleting unused accounts for Principals, Afterschool Professionals, Staff, Associates, and SysAdmins.