Schools need to have their student and parent accounts registered as early as possible. This article shares general information for schools to facilitate and manage this registration.
School Loop Plus
Students who have been issued an ID and their parents can self-register their School Loop account. The registration takes only two minutes. Here are a few suggestions for school to facilitate this student and parent registration:
When students (and parents) are on campus to register during the summer, set up a few computers with volunteers to assist with the registration.
It is best to send students and parents to a registration station after receiving some documentation that clearly displays the student ID number. Each computer should be set to your school's URL for School Loop.
Note: New incoming parents and students will not be able to register over the summer until after schedules for the new year are imported from the Student Information System. This typically occurs the just before school starts.
Utilize Computer Labs
During the first week of school, create a rotation schedule for English teachers to bring their students to the computer lab for self-registration. Schools can quickly register all the students in the school using this method. Be sure to instruct the teachers to bring their roll book in case some students forget to bring their ID numbers.
Designate a particular day where teachers commit to looking at their School Loop rosters. Any student with a red asterisk next to their name means that student is not registered. Teachers can use their computer in class to register any unregistered students.
Schools can also make it a tag team competition event where students commit to getting their parents registered on that day as well. The teacher or class who registers the most students wins a prize!
It is highly recommended that schools include School Loop registration information in the orientation packets for students and parents. This information can be added directly in the orientation booklet, or be printed on a separate flyer which can also be mailed to the students and parents.
Please note, School Loop offers registration instructions in Spanish and English.
Additional Important Information
- Parents may not be able to view their published grads until a school administrator has approved their account. Some schools choose to use a more restrictive policy that requires approval for both student and parent accounts before they may even log into the system.
- Parents can add multiple children to their account if those children attend the same school.
- Parent and student accounts remain active as long as the student attends the school. If a student changes schools, then both student and parent will have to register at the new school.
- An email address is recommended to be provided during registration but is not required.
- Mass registration is possible for student accounts only if the district uses our directory services integration.
- Duplicate parents account at the same school should be deleted by admins, as a best practice.
- Incoming students and their parents will not be able to register until new schedules have been imported into School Loop. This typically does not happen until just before school starts but can vary from school to school.