School Loop (SL) admins can manage the resetting of staff passwords in different ways, depending on the situation. This article shares information about the password reset options for the following scenarios:
- The admin wants the staff users to reset their password themselves.
- Passwords and email addresses of staff users who have not logged into their SL account yet needs to be changed due to security reasons.
- Passwords of staff users who have logged into their SL accounts need to be updated due to security or administrative reasons.
- Passwords for user-group members (for example, Teachers) who have never logged into their SL accounts need to be updated for security reasons.
- Resetting password for staff users in Schools using Active Directory.
Self-Service Password Reset
Admins should always encourage users to reset their passwords by using the Forgot Password link on the School Loop login page. This sends a new temporary password to the user's linked email address, which they can use for logging in and updating to new password under settings.
Changing Passwords for Users Who Have Never Logged In
Admins may be required to update email addresses or passwords of users who have not logged into their School Loop account yet. Admins can update this information under Account Management, as seen below:
Changing Passwords for Users Who Have Logged In
Admins cannot update email addresses of users who have logged into their School Loop account. But they can update passwords for them using the Reset and Send Password under Account Management. This randomizes the user's password and emails it to them.
Changing Passwords for Users in Groups Who Have Never Logged In
Admins can update passwords for user-group members who have not logged into their SL accounts using Account Management. The Resend Passwords button here sends randomized passwords to all registered users in the group who have never logged in.
Schools Using Active Directory Services
Active Directory (AD) passwords cannot be reset within School Loop. Contact your school/district IT department for assistance in resetting user passwords.
If a user has an incorrect email address in AD and cannot receive their updated password, please raise a help ticket with School Loop support with the corrected email address and our agents will fix it immediately.